- the U.S. Capital Building is deteriorating. Anyone have 216 million to spare?
- Coinciding with reading a great memoir, here's the Underwood house that was bombed.
- A great piece on Namdaemoon's reconstruction.
- Treason? Interpretors? Frogs stuck in wells? Count me in.
- AAK's got a guest post about the 1997 IMF Crisis. I attempted the same subject a while back.
- Nixon wasn't the only one thinking about nuking North Korea apparently. Remember how tense it was back in 1994?
- So, let me get this straight: laughably low salary and tragically high suicide rate? why on earth would anyone want to be a Korean celebrity is beyond me.
- The news in Korea this month is depressing as all get out. Proof in English here and here and here.
- Japan might be doing something to compensate Korean forced laborers. Might.
- Floodwaters got you down? Song dynasty China fixed that problem a while back.
- Korea's Korea's Truth and Reconciliation Commission has closed the book on the 노근리 incident it seems. I think we can all agree regardless of who is to be blamed, it was a tragedy.
새로운 관심을 생겼다 - I can't honestly remember the last time I sat down and formally studied Korean. Years, for sure. Here's an update from what I can remember and why it matte...
1 year ago